Goals of Student Council
- To serve as a council to discuss student activities and opinions regarding West Middle School.
- To promote school spirit and pride in West.
- To participate in community services and become involved in projects within our area.
- To raise money and provide funding for activities and materials which contribute to school improvement and community assistance.
- To show appreciation and recognition to students, staff, parents and our community.
Skills of Student Council Members
- Strong leadership skills
- Good organization skills
- Sense of responsibility
- Excellent communication skills
- Friendliness and helpfulness; can be easily approached and talked to by all students
- Takes place in school activities with enthusiasm
- Consistently participates in ALL Student Council activities (i.e. fundraisers, spirit days, activity nights, meetings)
- School spirit; has a sincere interest in making our school the best
- Trustworthy with good decision making skills